Intermediate WordPress DeveloperToronto, Canada
We’re growing our website development team!
Do you have a couple of years of development under your belt? Do you have experience & know how to develop terrific custom WordPress sites, HTML email templates, landing page templates, and other web assets?
Welcome to Brainrider! We’re in the business of providing clients with strategy, communications and marketing services (the “Business”) and we are excited that you are interested in working with us.
This document describes the role, responsibilities, job requirements, skills, key objectives, organizational structure, and Brainrider’s approach to culture. But the best way to learn more about us is to come in and meet us.
In this role you will apply and develop your skills and talents to create great-looking, effective B2B websites, HTML email templates, landing page templates, and graphics for our clients. Versatility is key, the ideal candidate has a get it done attitude, client friendly mindset, marketing passion, killer design skills, strong coding skills, and demonstrated experience in delivering great digital assets.
Work with head developers to produce WordPress Websites that turn heads, excite our clients, and deliver on the client’s marketing objectives (engagement and lead generation).
- Participate in strategy workshops to develop business, design, and technical briefs
- Creation of WordPress custom themes (including custom post types, taxonomies, templates), admin customization, plugin installation and troubleshooting
- HTML email and landing page template development for use in content management systems, marketing automation systems and email management tools
- Delivering finished code that is clean, well organized, and well documented
- Testing and validating all code to make sure it meets cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-email app requirements
- Managing deliverables and task lists in our Teamwork.com project management tool
- Work well as part of a collaborative, supportive team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- 2-3 years experience building WordPress CMS websites using best practice & standard plugins
- Excellent knowledge of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Responsive design experience a definite plus
- You will be working in client service teams under the leadership of senior developers
- We strive to be smart, fun, customer-focused, and learn every day.
- We believe work and play should be balanced, but some late nights and business travel may be required to meet client deliverables.
- Our typical day is 9:30am-5:30pm, 5 days a week
- Dress is casual, but business attire is necessary for client meetings.
- We work in a very open space environment. Sharing music playlists is mandatory!
Structure, Compensation Range & Start Date
- Compensation: $40-$55K
- Start date: ASAP