Learn how to create content that converts your prospects into sales ready leads
B2B Content Creation for Lead Generation and Nurturing has become an important B2B marketing tactic. As part of the ExactTarget Connections 2013 B2B track Brainrider shared the following ideas, tools and tips on how to plan and execute better B2B content creation for lead generation and nurturing.
Recent benchmark data from MarketingSherpa shows that B2B Content Creation is the top area of marketing investment growth in 2013 and with changes in SEO strategy and lead generation and nurturing tactics that growth is expected to continue in 2014.
Marketing priorities should start with B2B content creation for lead generation and nurturing
- Content marketing
- Landing page optimization
- Website upgrades
- Social Media
Done well these priorities offer higher potential gains for B2B lead generation and nurturing programs. And they are often related. Upgrading your website with a Content Management System designed to help your publish higher value marketing content can deliver better SEO, lead acquisition, lead nurturing and sales qualification.
Creating engaging content for your customers is a difficult task. To learn how Brainrider can develop content that will help you reach your goals, request a proposal now.
1. B2B content that drives conversions
2. Why content isn’t converting as well as you need it to
The 5 keys to creating content that converts:
- How content can influence B2B buyer decision-making
- Which content approaches work best for:
- Converting visitors to prospects
- Converting prospects to engaged leads
- Qualifying engaged leads as sales-ready
- How to develop & test content ideas in a scalable
3. Content is difficult and expensive.
4. The buyer is in control.
5. Buyers need useful content to make a sound buying decision.
- What’s my problem?
- How do I fix my problem?
- Are you right for me?
6. 5 truths of better content
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise
- Aligned with programs
- Easy to publish & share
- Measurable performance
7. Customers want content that helps them solve problems
8. They want: Education & Benchmarks Solution Options & Product Suitability Proof Points & Decision Support What to share with them:
- Analyst coverage
- 101 Education
- How to guides
- How other people are solving this
- What is the solution & how does it work
- Solution comparisons
- Pitfall analysis
- Readiness & suitability assessments
- How to choose a vendor
- Bench strength demonstration
- Case studies
- Working with us
- How to buy
9. 5 keys to creating content that converts
- Identify, plan, and organize by customer needs & pains
- Leverage your company’s subject-matter expertise
- Target buyer intent search keywords and phrases
- Describe your content using customer language
- Test & learn with light tactics, then scale winners into heavier tactics
10. Identify, plan, and organize by customer needs and pains.
11. Identify customer needs & pains
12. Plan & organize content assets by customer needs & pains
13. Leverage your company’s subject matter expertise.
14. Citibank targets SMBs
15. Find subject-matter expertise that connects with customer needs.
- Who are your SMEs and what do they know?
- Reverse engineer what you already sell
- Ask your customer-facing staff
- What search terms are driving site traffic?
- What on-site search terms are common?
- What searches are high volume?
16. Target buyer-intent keywords and phrases.
17. Look at longer search phrases for suffixes that show buyer intent. …jobs in San Francisco …job description …comparison …alternatives …white paper …pricing …best practices …pricing comparison …implementation guide …consulting hourly rate …email/landing page template …requirements document …contract terms …structure of team MARKETING AUTOMATION…
18. Describe your content using customer language.
19. Which one is buyer-focused? Marketing Automation Vendor Comparison Guide Marketing Automation Buyers Guide Another Better B2B Marketing Resource Another Better B2B Marketing Resource
20. Which one is buyer-focused? Marketing Automation Vendor Comparison Guide Another Better B2B Marketing Resource Marketing Automation Buyers Guide Another Better B2B Marketing Resource
21. Which one is buyer-focused? How To Sell Marketing Automation To Your Boss Marketing Automation Requirements Document Example & Template Another Better B2B Marketing Resource Another Better B2B Marketing Resource
22. Which one is buyer-focused? How To Sell Marketing Automation To Your Boss Marketing Automation Requirements Document Example & Template Another Better B2B Marketing Resource Another Better B2B Marketing Resource
23. Test & learn with light tactics, then scale winners into heavier tactics.
24. Test & learn with light tactics
- Social media sharing
- Social publishing
- Blogging / guest blogging
- Article syndication / contribution
25. Dense marketing assets:
- White papers, ebooks
- Recorded media: webinars, podcasts, videos
- Image media: infographics, illustrations, presentations
- Training materials
- Support manuals, user forums, knowledge base
- RFP responses & sales proposals
- Repurpose existing assets buried deep inside your content shoebox
26. Measure website engagement
27. Measure content engagement
28. Measure form & LP conversions
29. See what contributed to a sale
30. How the end result should look