Choosing the best Marketing Automation agency
This resource looks at marketing automation implementation and the agency, consultant and specialist skill sets that are needed to get you better results.
According to Marketing Sherpa, “In the B2B marketer’s toolbox, marketing automation software is more like industrial equipment than a simple screwdriver. It’s a capital investment, and it does some serious heavy lifting.”
And much like industrial equipment, implementing, optimizing and managing marketing automation can be more challenging than simply choosing the right tool.
Luckily, you can be successful, if you source the right skill sets.
Marketing automation agency requires special skills
While many marketing automation vendors offer free setup and implementation, this is just the first step in getting better results. Real ROI requires realigning the way you plan and execute your marketing programs, develop the right content assets and optimize your website. That means going beyond tool support and finding an agency or specialist with the following skill sets:
Marketing program planning and execution
- Inbound optimization including B2B SEO/keyword strategy, landing page design, call to action development and content merchandizing.
- Lead nurturing for both timed and triggered email campaigns including the use of Chose-Your-Own-Adventure (CYOA) nurturing formats, autoresponders, thank you content and trackable redirects.
- Sales readiness qualification including developing offers, lead scoring and optimizing lead assignment to your CRM.
- Integrating existing marketing activities such as PPC, advertising, events and email blasts.
- Understanding how to track and measure your results against your objectives.
Content planning and development
- Understanding your customers and identifying what they want to know at each stage of their decision process.
- Extracting subject matter expertise that targets what your customers want to know and packaging it as marketing content that your prospects will download.
- Optimizing your content for better search engine performance in order to attract more qualified prospects.
Read more about content planning on our resource center.
Look at how your website is performing
- Evaluating your current website design and functionality.
- Upgrading your website with better SEO, customer focused navigation, content publishing tools, dynamic content feeds and effective calls to action.
- Server-side troubleshooting and optimization.
Implementing, optimizing and managing marketing automation can be more challenging than simply choosing the right tool. To succeed, you need to realign the way you plan and execute your marketing programs, develop the right content and optimize your website. Sourcing the right skill sets will make that process easier and will help you get the results you want from a marketing automation implementation.
Interested in improving your B2B website to generate leads and get better results? Brainrider can help. Start now and request a proposal.